Friday, July 17, 2009

a birthday down on the farm...

All the cakes I make are special, but some are extra special...just like this one!  This is the cake I made for my son, Collin's first birthday.  We decorated his nursery with a farm theme and the fascination "stuck".  He has always been interested in farm animals, tractors, and anything farm related.  So, it seemed appropriate that his first birthday party would reflect this obsession.  

I love the bright colors and I was able to use a few of his favorite toys for extra decorations.  (I washed them thoroughly first!)  I also enjoyed making the grass on this cake.  I used decorating tip #133...one of my favorites!   I think the "ruggedness" of the barn and the writing makes it looks like children's art.

All in all, it was the perfect cake for a perfect  party!






No comments:

Post a Comment